- Do you have at least one years’ accounting experience and want a rewarding job opportunity?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated in-house finance team?
- Would you like to be part of a global non profit and a leading ‘business for purpose’?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Adara Group is seeking an Accounts Assistant to assist the Finance team with the day-to-day monitoring and controlling of the organisations accounting and financial operations, focusing on the accounts payable function, ensuring invoices are entered daily, payments are made weekly and adhering to Adara Group’s policies. The role will also require month end reconciliations and effective reporting.
about the adara group
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Full-time, permanent role
- Salary packaging available
- Reporting to the Finance Manager
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
The role will include:
- Managing vendor invoices and payments
- Managing customer invoices and receipts, including processing donations and donor invoices.
- Update accounting records and prepare month-end reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing management accounts and annual budgets for the Adara businesses, as well as supporting the preparation of statutory returns and charitable registrations.
- Collaborating with the finance team on projects and tasks, and assisting other teams as required.
To excel in this position, you will need:
- To be working towards a tertiary degree in accounting or finance or a CA/CPA qualification
- A minimum of one year of relevant accounting experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to build relationships across the organisation.
- To be well organised, with an exceptional attention to detail and ownership of tasks.
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Microsoft Business Central.
- A passion for social justice.
As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office at least two days per week at our office in The Rocks. To support the safety of our teams and their families, and if you are not already vaccinated, candidates will be expected to agree to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination. Additionally, all candidates will be expected to agree to any booster COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit a cover letter within your CV and email it to email@example.com
Please ensure you put ‘Adara Group Accounts Assistant’ in the subject line.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9395 2800.
Please read the detailed Job Description with Adara’s Cultures and Values found here.
Please note we will interview suitable candidates as applications are received.
Please note this position is based in Australia and candidates will require full Australian working rights.