• Are you a corporate advisor who is passionate about making a difference?
• Do you have the desire to work with some of the most accomplished minds in the Australian financial services industry?
• Do you have the desire to work with some of Do you want the chance to join a world-leading ‘business-for-purpose’ at the cutting edge of business/non-profit partnerships, and to play a key role in building and showcasing this model globally?
Driven by continued growth and plans to expand further – Adara Partners is seeking an Associate to join our high performing financial advisory team advising the boards and senior management of ASX 100, leading Australian institutions and large private companies on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital management, and complex commercial problems.
To be considered for this position, professionals require 2+ years of experience (preferably hands-on deal experience) within a bulge bracket investment bank, boutique corporate advisory firm, large consulting firm or a top-tier law firm.
To read more about Adara Partners, head to our website here: https://www.adaragroup.org/partners/
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in delivering advice of the highest quality to clients across mandates including: strategic advice assignments, M&A and capital management assignments, complex commercial problem solving.
- Monitoring relevant market news and ensuring the Adara Partners team remains well abreast of significant market events.
- Conducting high quality financial, strategic and commercial analysis as part of advice work on engagements.
- Building and/or validating financial models and/or conducting other comparative valuation work.
- Industry analysis and trend analysis.
- Under the direction of senior team members, drafting client materials, including board reports, financial and strategic analysis, and transaction updates.
- Assist the team in identifying new business opportunities and in preparing pitch packs.
- Assist in training analysts and other members of the Adara core team where required.
competencies and qualifications
To excel in this position, you will need:
- Be a top tier finance / M&A professional with at least 2 years’ experience in Australian corporate finance and/or M&A advisory, preferably with experience in more than one industry sector – experience across a diverse range of transactions is an advantage (e.g., corporate strategy, capital management, M&A, restructuring, public and private transactions)
- A degree or advanced degree in business / finance / law.
- Excellent analytical skills, including demonstrated knowledge of various valuation techniques and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and oral and written communications skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills in order to respond to shifting priorities on multiple projects.
- Flexibility, self-sufficiency and initiative.
- Alignment with Adara’s mission: Our mission is to bridge the world of business and the world of people in extreme poverty, and to support vulnerable communities with health, education and other essential services.
ABOUT adara partners
Adara Partners acts as a trusted advisor to boards, senior management and significant shareholders of leading Australian corporate and institutional investors, providing independent advice on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets advice and complex commercial problem solving.
The Adara Partners Panel is a collaboration of 16 of the most senior members of the Australian corporate advisory sector. Undiluted access to these individuals working collaboratively on a mandate is not otherwise available in the market. Panel Members jointly lead mandates, without recompense, using their deep experience to provide advice and wise counsel to our corporate clients, supported by our highly experienced team of corporate advisory professionals.
The profits of Adara Partners funds the critical work of Adara Development. Adara Development are experts in maternal, newborn and child health services, and remote community development, in some of the world’s remotest locations. In 2022, we touched the lives of more than 200,000 people living in extreme poverty and countless more through our knowledge sharing work.
As a BCorp® and participant member of UN Global Compact, we are committed to meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. We align our work with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Our offices are located in The Rocks, Sydney.
To support the safety of our teams and their families, and if you are not already vaccinated, candidates will be expected to agree to obtain COVID-19 vaccination and any booster vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination.
how to apply
Please submit a Cover Letter and your CV and email it to email@example.com. Ensure ‘Adara Group Associate application’ is the subject line.
All questions in relation to this role are to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9395 2800.
Please read the detailed Job Description with Adara’s Cultures and Values found here.