- Are you a brilliant Finance Manager who is passionate about making a difference?
- Can you lead and inspire a small, dedicated team?
- Would you like to be part of a global non-profit and leading ‘business for purpose’, and be on the cutting edge of business/non-profit partnerships?
If so, we want to hear from you.
The Adara Group is seeking a Finance Manager to work alongside the finance team in the Global Support Office to manage global financial operations and systems. Working closely with the Group Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will be responsible for compliance, audits, global cash management and month end reporting.
About the Adara Group
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
About the role
- Working across both the Adara businesses and our international development organisation
- Full-time permanent position in a flexible working environment
- Report to the Adara Group Financial Controller
- Salary packaging available
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the finance team including but not limited to monitoring cash-flow, month-end reporting and preparation of payroll
- Working closely alongside the overseas offices and partner organisations to review reports and assist in building their financial capacity
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in preparing board reports, monitoring budgets and preparing global cash flow forecasts
- Alongside the finance team and the Group COO, support the improvement and integration of our finance systems.
- Assist with the preparation of timely and accurate reports to all relevant stakeholders
- Monitoring compliance with all relevant financial regulations in each jurisdiction (Australia, Bermuda, Uganda, the UK and USA). This includes the coordination of annual audits, monitoring and ensuring compliance with internal and external financial management and regulatory requirements, and ensuring financial compliance with all relevant regulations in each jurisdiction
- Managing and supporting the development of three accounting staff in Australia and supporting finance staff in Nepal, Uganda and the USA
To excel in this position, you will need:
- Relevant finance or accounting degree
- 5+ years of post-qualification experience
- CA/CPA qualification
- Experience in financial reporting, budgeting, cash flow modelling, audit, tax and compliance obligations
- Experience in managing with the ability to delegate and mentor finance staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work cross-culturally
- Sound knowledge of mid-size ERP software, preferably Microsoft Great Plains or Business Central
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Ability to analyse and communicate financial information, including the ability to explain complex financial procedures
- Ability to liaise at an executive level and to work under pressure
- A confident, proactive, and adaptable approach
- A commitment to social justice and international development
- While not essential, experience working in the NFP sector or the corporate sector, will be well regarded
As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office for a minimum of 2 to 3 days a week. To support the safety of our teams and their families, and if you are not already vaccinated, candidates will be expected to agree to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination. Additionally, all candidates will be expected to agree to any booster COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
The Adara Group is partnering with Catalina Consultants on this recruitment. Please submit a cover letter within your CV and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you put ‘Adara Group Finance Manager Application’ in the subject line.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or call Jade on 02 9251 5638.
Please read the detailed Job Description with Adara’s Cultures and Values found here.
Applications close on 2 December 2021. Please note we will interview suitable candidates as applications are received.