- Are you an experienced Financial Controller with a passion for social justice?
- Do you have experience leading and mentoring a successful finance team?
- Would you like to be part of a global non profit and a leading ‘business for purpose’?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Adara Group is seeking an experienced Financial Controller (FC) to support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with day-to-day global financial operations and systems of the Group. The FC will work across all entities of the group (Adara Development and the Adara businesses, Adara Advisors and Adara Partners) and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the global finance team.
about the adara group
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Full-time, permanent role
- Salary packaging available
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer
- Working with a small and dedicated Finance Team in Australia, Uganda and Nepal
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
The role will include:
- Supporting the CFO with global financial operations of the Adara Group as required, including acting as a deputy.
- Managing, supporting and growing the global finance team. This will include monitoring performance, setting objectives and arranging development opportunities.
- Overseeing finance team functions, including budgets, forecasting, month end processes, and reporting.
- Develop the financial capabilities of Adara Group staff and partner organisations, as required.
To excel in this position, you will need:
- A tertiary degree in accounting.
- CA/CPA qualification
- A minimum of 6 years of post qualification experience
- Significant experience leading, mentoring and developing a successful finance team and the ability to lead at an executive level.
- Experience with reporting, budgeting, cash flow modelling, audit, tax and compliance obligations accounting.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate financial information and work cross-culturally.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Microsoft Business Central or similar.
- NFP experience, whilst not required, will be well regarded.
As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office at least two days per week at our office in The Rocks. To support the safety of our teams and their families, and if you are not already vaccinated, candidates will be expected to agree to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination. Additionally, all candidates will be expected to agree to any booster COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit a cover letter within your CV and email it to email@example.com
Please ensure you put ‘Adara Group Financial Controller’ in the subject line.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9395 2800.
Please read the detailed Job Description with Adara’s Cultures and Values found here.
Applications close on 8th July 2022. Please note we will interview suitable candidates as applications are received.
Please note this position is based in Australia and candidates will require full Australian working rights.