Adara Partners is recruiting for an Intern Analyst for 2023.
The internship program provides an unparalleled opportunity for a student in their final or penultimate year of university to gain hands on corporate advisory experience. Adara Partners brings together some of the most senior investment banking, legal and business leaders in the corporate advisory industry, and they jointly lead engagements as the Adara Panel. This opportunity is made distinctive and incomparable to other opportunities and this level of insight is not easily accessible in other internship programs.
The Adara internship program is unique in its offering, providing students with the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution in highly strategic and high-profile deals that have a direct impact on the lives of others. Whilst many internship programs exist in the market, this is a rare opportunity for someone to gain exposure to complex projects and work closely with professionals at the top of their field.
The intern will be invited warmly into the Adara family and will be provided with the trust to do more than watch from the sidelines. They will gain hands on experience, build their network, whilst continuously focusing on enhancing their academic, professional and personal development.
The program will be run over the second-half of 2023, from June until mid-December, with possibility for extension or progression at the end of the program. During this program you will work on a part-time basis, of approximately two days per week (days can be flexible based on your university requirements).
about the adara group
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
More information on the Adara Group can be found on our websites – www.adaragroup.org and www.adarapartners.org.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
about adara partners
Adara Partners is a boutique corporate advisory firm, providing independent and conflict free advice to Australian companies. Adara Partners acts as a trusted advisor to boards, senior management and significant shareholders of public and private companies. Adara provides independent advice, second opinions, complex commercial problem solving and capital raising advice.
Our advisory services are provided by our panel of 15 of the most well-known advisors in Australia. Undiluted access to these individuals working collaboratively on a mandate is not otherwise available in the market. Panel Members work for Adara without recompense to support our work with communities living in poverty in some of the world’s remotest places. Our Panel Members are supported by an experienced team of corporate finance professionals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Fully paid internship
- Join an internship focused on progressing your academic, professional, and personal development
- Participate and observe high profile deals and projects
- Be part of a leading ‘business for purpose’
- Contribute in a meaningful way to a team that is making a global difference
- Work through a structured training and development program, aimed at providing you with on-the-job experience, mentorship, and guidance
The role will include:
- Providing varied support to the Adara team on transaction advisory work and business development initiatives, including research and background financial and commercial analysis;
- Preparing comprehensive and informative briefing notes on specific topics and industry trends of relevance to the Adara business activities;
- Analysing company data, industry trends and market information and producing accurate, timely and comprehensible reports;
- Undertaking research for business development and marketing purposes (e.g., tracking company announcements, monitoring potential opportunities and clients, considering target company lists); and
- Assisting with presentation materials for client meetings
To excel in this position, you will need to be:
- In your penultimate or final year of university – completing a degree in business, finance, commerce and/or similar
- Proactive, and thrive in a small, entrepreneurial and dynamic team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, data and research skills
- The ability to identify patterns and insights from data
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise competing and time-sensitive demands
- A collaborative working style
- Confident using a range of programs, including Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems, financial market/data systems
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality with respect to all engagements, clients and sensitive information
- Has values aligned with those of the Adara Group, including a passion for social justice
The right candidate for the program is someone who has a strong desire to achieve and has the academic and/or extra-curricular profile that supports this. They would be articulate, driven and motivated to make a difference in their line of work.
They would be compassionate, considered, and curious; have an entrepreneurial spirit, and an interest in social impact organisations.
As a key part of a small deal team, you will assist with various aspects of Adara business activities from business development to transaction support.
As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office at least one day per week at our office in The Rocks, Sydney. To support the safety of our teams and their families, and if you are not already vaccinated, candidates will be expected to agree to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination. Additionally, all candidates will be expected to agree to any booster COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit a cover letter within your CV and email it to email@example.com
Please ensure you put ‘Adara Group Internship Opportunity’ in the subject line.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9395 2800.
Please read the detailed Job Description with Adara’s Cultures and Values found here.
Applications close on 26 May 2023 Please note we will commence interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and therefore encourage you to apply early.