Join the Adara FamilyAt Adara Development, we look for staff who have a passion to change the world, with top-tier skills and a sense of humour to cope with a high-pressure environment. We have offices located in Australia, the USA, Uganda and Nepal. As part of our Development Philosophy we only hire local staff in Uganda and Nepal.
SENIOR PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER
- Are you an experienced fundraiser with a track record securing and stewarding major gifts and grants?
- Keen to work at the cutting edge of business and nonprofit partnerships?
- Can you help us expand our programs and touch the lives of more people living in poverty?
- • at least five years’ experience successfully managing donor partnerships
- • tertiary qualifications in international development/relations, business, marketing, or another relevant field
- • a proven track record in fundraising operations including with corporates, foundations, grants, and individual giving
- • a network of contacts in the Australian corporate sector
- • excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- • experience in writing donor proposals and grant tenders
- • sound knowledge of marketing and communications
- • experience in preparing and managing budgets
- • a commitment to social justice and international development.
- • high impact work
- • vibrant, connected global team
- • full salary packaging benefits (to reduce tax and increase take home pay)
- • Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- • diverse and inclusive workplace
- • additional leave over the Christmas/New Year break
Adara is completely focused on the wellbeing and safety of our teams around the world at this time of COVID-19. All our team members are able to work flexibly from home as well as from a physical office space. All our team are fully equipped to work productively and safely from their homes. As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office space at least 2 days a week.
INTERESTED?The Adara Group is partnering with Heart Talent Collective on this recruitment - please read the Job Description found here and apply via the job posting on Ethical Jobs. Please direct all questions and enquiries to email@example.com, using the subject line: Senior Partnerships Manager - The Adara Group enquiry via EthicalJobs, in the first instance.
The Adara Group is an equal opportunity employer and child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo an International Criminal Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection Policy.
Hello, we’re the Adara Group. Our mission is to bridge the world of business and the world of people living in extreme poverty.We believe each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live. Our maternal, newborn and child health and remote community development programmes are growing and we’re looking for a Senior Partnerships Manager to drive revenue so we can continue to expand our projects and raise our profile.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the CEO and leading a small team, you will be responsible for leading the fundraising strategy and managing a diverse income portfolio across major gifts, grants, corporate partnerships and foundations.
The role is both hands on and strategic and focuses on relationship management, financial/budget management, reporting and profile building. As well as fundraising outcomes, you’ll have oversight of brand communications for the Adara Group.
This is a full time, permanent role based in our global support office in Sydney.
Once COVID safe, you may have the opportunity to travel internationally several times a year, to visit our programs in Uganda and Nepal.
We’re looking for an experienced fundraiser who wants to grow their career with a respected international organisation.
You’re a positive, personable and energetic person with the confidence and maturity to represent Adara Development with donors and corporate partners.
You’re a strategic thinker who is happy to be hands on and has a flexible, calm approach.
We’d love you to bring:
We believe each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
Each year, Adara reaches more than 50,000 people living in poverty - and countless more through knowledge sharing.
The Adara Group has operations in six countries – Australia, Nepal, Uganda, USA, Bermuda and the UK. We manage substantial development programmes on the ground through our local teams in Nepal and Uganda.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
SENIOR MANAGER, PEOPLE & CULTURE
- Are you a seasoned HR professional with experience providing best practice advice for senior leadership teams?
- Do you have a passion for leading people and culture projects?
- Do you want to work for a purpose-led organisation?
- • Newly created part-time (0.6 FTE) permanent position
- • Working across both the Adara businesses and the international development organisation
- • Reporting to the Adara Group Chief Operating Officer.
- • Developing and implementing the People & Culture strategy and initiatives
- • Working alongside the legal team to review policies and procedures to ensure consistency with global best practice, as well as leading work on all country specific policy and procedures manuals
- • Supporting managers in all aspects of the recruitment process ensuring Adara meets standards on safeguarding and child safe recruitment
- • Managing and delivering Group-wide inductions and off-boarding
- • Working alongside the legal team to coordinate employment contracts and documentation, ensuring employees are remunerated appropriately
- • Ensuring the Adara Group consistently works towards a safer, healthier working environment for team members, including managing all safety and workers compensation related matters
- • Maintaining exceptional HR records
- • Researching and recommending a technology solution for an online human resource management systems / information
- • Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on global HR activities, outcomes and metrics
- • Coordinating staff performance reviews and development plans, including probation reviews and succession planning
- • Managing employee relations, providing coaching and guidance to new people managers
- • Creating the Group’s Learning and Development Programme and training calendar for all global teams
- • Encouraging staff wellbeing, including researching support options in the jurisdictions where such programs are currently unavailable
- • Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources
- • 7+ years’ experience in a Senior Human Resources role, including experience partnering with senior leadership groups
- • Thorough knowledge of Australian employment laws and regulations, and the ability to provide timely HR advice
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- • Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills, in particular superior negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- • Exceptional relationship building skills
- • A confident, proactive, flexible, and adaptable approach
- • Ability to manage multiple and disparate tasks, with excellent organisational and time management skills
- • A commitment to social justice and international development
- • Experience in the international development sector, while not required, would be an advantage
If so, we want to hear from you.
The Adara Group is seeking a Senior Manager, People & Culture to drive operational people and culture initiatives globally and provide best practice HR advice and support to the Global Leadership Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The advice and support will include, but is not limited to:
To excel in this position, you will need:
ABOUT THE ADARA GROUP
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
Adara is completely focused on the wellbeing and safety of our teams around the world at this time of COVID-19. All our team members are able to work flexibly from home as well as from a physical office space. All our team are fully equipped to work productively and safely from their homes. As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office space 1-2 days a week.Please note that first round interviews will be carried out virtually.
HOW TO APPLYIf you have the skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. Please read the Job Description (JD) found here and email a Cover Letter and CV which address the Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you include ‘Senior Manager People & Culture application’ in the subject line.
Applications close on Monday 3 May. Please note we will interview suitable candidates as applications are received.