Join the Adara FamilyAt Adara Development, we look for staff who have a passion to change the world, with top-tier skills and a sense of humour to cope with a high-pressure environment. We have offices located in Australia, the USA, Uganda and Nepal. As part of our Development Philosophy we only hire local staff in Uganda and Nepal.
- Are you an experienced partnerships manager with a passion for cultivating positive relationships?
- Do you love helping donors experience the joy of giving?
- Do you want to work for a purpose-led organisation?
- • As part of a global non-profit and leading business for purpose, your work is integral to our mission of bridging the world of business and the world of people living in extreme poverty.
- • Working closely with a small, dedicated, and talented fundraising and communications team you will be responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with financial partners.
- • Part time role, three days per week (0.6 FTE).
- • Managing and cultivating exiting relationships with current financial partners to help them connect with Adara’s people and programmes
- • Working alongside the Communications and Programmes team to ensure effective and quality engagement with donors, including providing regular updates that link donors to Adara’s work through all forms of media.
- • Working with the Finance team, Senior Programmes Manager, and Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to ensure high quality and coherent financial reporting for donors.
- • Assisting with financial management through identifying Adara Development’s funding needs
- • Assisting the Partnerships Director in researching, developing and cultivating new funding opportunities
- • Assisting with writing compelling and concise proposals
- • Relevant tertiary qualification
- • More than four years’ experience in successfully cultivating and nurturing major donor relations.
- • Exceptional relationship building skills, including excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- • A comprehensive understanding of fundraising, philanthropy and corporate sectors
- • Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- • A confident, flexible and adaptable approach
- • Ability to prioritise and execute decisions decisively
- • A strong attention to detail
If so, we want to hear from you.
If so, we want to hear from you.
The Adara Group is seeking a Partnerships Manager (Australia) to help manage Adara’s existing relationships with our financial partners including major donors, trusts, foundations and corporate partners. The Partnerships Manager will also support the Partnerships Director, where needed, to identify new and lapsed major funding streams, write proposals, and nurture any successful new relationships.
ABOUT THE ROLE
THE IMPACT YOU WILL CREATE
You will support Adara's work by:
To excel in this position, you will need:
ABOUT THE ADARA GROUP
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for more than 20 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
Adara is completely focused on the wellbeing and safety of our teams around the world at this time of COVID-19. All our team members are able to work flexibly from home as well as from a physical office space. All our team are fully equipped to work productively and safely from their homes. As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office space several days a week. The interviewing will also be done virtually.
HOW TO APPLYIf you have the skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. please read the Job Description (JD) found here and email a Cover Letter and CV which address the Job Description to email@example.com. Please ensure you include ‘Partnerships Manager’ in the subject line.
Applications close on Friday 5 February. Please note we will interview suitable candidates as applications are received.