• Are you a brilliant corporate advisory professional who is passionate about making a difference?
• Would you like to be part of a leading ‘business for purpose’ that is directly improving the lives of women and children in some of the most vulnerable communities in the world?
• Do you want a rare opportunity to enhance your exposure and build your career working with an incredible panel of the top investment bankers?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Adara Partners is seeking a full-time Senior Associate to work as a key member of our high performing corporate advisory team working on top-tier client engagements and business development initiatives.
The successful candidate will work closely with members of the Adara Partners Panel who actively lead the delivery of our client engagements across M&A, ECM and complex commercial problem solving.
This is a unique opportunity to gain immense exposure to some of Australia’s most influential business professionals in a corporate advisory role that truly makes a difference.
ABOUT THE adara group
The Adara Group believes each and every person should have access to quality health, education and other essential services, no matter where they live.
The first part of the Adara Group is an international development organisation called Adara Development that has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development. Adara Development has been working in Nepal and Uganda for nearly 25 years.
The second part of the Adara Group consists of two businesses, Adara Partners and Adara Advisors, which are ‘for purpose’ rather than for profit. Their sole objective is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
ABOUT adara partners
Adara Partners is a boutique corporate advisory firm, providing independent and conflict free advice to Australian companies and institutions. Adara Partners acts as a trusted advisor to boards, senior management and significant shareholders of public and private companies. Adara Partners provides independent advice, second opinions, complex commercial problem solving and capital raising advice.
Our advisory services are provided by our panel of 15 of the most well-known advisors in Australia. Undiluted access to these individuals working collaboratively on a mandate is not otherwise available in the market. Panel Members work for Adara Partners without recompense to support our work with communities living in poverty in some of the world’s remotest places. Our Panel Members are supported by an experienced team of corporate finance professionals.
ABOUT THE role
- Senior Associate in a boutique corporate advisory team
- Reporting to the CEO and Corporate Advisory Director and supporting the Adara Partners Panel
- Full-time permanent position
- Flexible working arrangements
The role will include:
- Project managing and providing the key deliverables required for the successful execution of client engagements, including high-quality financial analysis, presentations, and reports.
- Critically analysing company data and market information.
- Building internal financial models and running or validating third-party models to support Panel Members and clients.
- Interacting and building relationships, as directed, with the Panel Members, clients, and any other key stakeholders.
- Undertaking research for business development and marketing purposes
- Working in a fast-paced business environment.
To excel in this position, you will need:
- A degree / post-graduate qualification in commerce, finance, and accounting. CA / CPA and CFA are highly desirable.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience within a bulge bracket investment bank, corporate advisory or large consulting firm.
- A clear understanding of core corporate finance principles and experience in deal execution on M&A transactions, capital raisings, IPOs and/or other commercial transactions from commencement to conclusion.
- The ability to work efficiently and flexibly across a variety of sectors, delivering a full range of corporate advisory services to clients and support to our Panel Members.
- Exceptional financial and commercial analytic skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A high proficiency with excel, including modelling and valuation work.
- A high proficiency in creating high quality deal information, including pitch-books, information memos and other deal documentation.
- A strong commitment to social justice and international development.
Our offices are located in The Rocks, Sydney and are shared with our international development colleagues who provide direct insight into the critical work of Adara Development.
As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office for a minimum of 2 days a week. To support the safety of our teams and their families, and if you are not already vaccinated, candidates will be expected to agree to obtain COVID-19 vaccination and any booster vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit a Cover Letter and your CV and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you put ‘Adara Group Senior Associate application’ in the subject line.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or call 02 9395 2800.
Please read the detailed Job Description with Adara’s Cultures and Values found here.
Applications close on Thursday 8 December 2022. Please note we will commence interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and therefore encourage you to apply early.