• Are you a seasoned corporate advisory professional adept at working on large transactions in high pressure environments with senior stakeholders?
• Would you like to be part of Australia’s preeminent corporate advisory ‘business for purpose’ that is using investment banking mastery to serve those in extreme poverty?
• Do you want a rare opportunity to enhance your exposure and build your career working with an incredible panel of Australia’s leading investment bankers and ASX 100 directors?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Adara Partners (www.adaragroup.org/partners) is seeking a full-time Associate Director to work as a key member of our high performing corporate advisory team advising the boards and senior management of ASX 100 and large private companies.
The successful candidate will work closely with members of the Adara Partners Panel who actively lead the delivery of our client engagements across M&A, ECM and complex commercial problem solving.
This is a unique opportunity to gain immense exposure to some of Australia’s most influential business professionals in a corporate advisory role that truly makes a difference.
ABOUT adara partners
Adara Partners is a boutique corporate advisory firm demonstrating the power of using investment banking mastery directly for purpose. Adara Partners acts as a trusted advisor to boards, senior management and significant shareholders of leading Australian corporate and institutional investors, providing independent advice on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets advice and complex commercial problem solving.
The Adara Partners Panel is a collaboration of 15 of the most senior members of the Australian corporate advisory sector. Undiluted access to these individuals working collaboratively on a mandate is not otherwise available in the market. Panel Members jointly lead mandates, without recompense, using their deep experience to provide advice and wise counsel to our corporate clients, supported by our highly experienced team of corporate advisory professionals.
ABOUT THE role
- Associate Director in a boutique corporate advisory team
- Reporting to the CEO and Corporate Advisory Director and supporting the Adara Partners Panel
- Full-time permanent position
- Flexible working arrangements
To excel in this position, you will need:
- A degree in commerce, finance, or a relevant discipline. CA / CPA and CFA are highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a bulge bracket investment bank, boutique corporate advisory firm or large consulting firm.
- A clear understanding of core corporate finance principles and experience in deal execution on M&A transactions, capital raisings, IPOs and/or other commercial transactions from origination to conclusion.
- Ability to help lead the day-to-day execution of a full cycle public M&A transaction.
- A strong commitment to social justice and international development.
about the adara group
The Adara Group’s mission is to bridge the world of business and the world of people in extreme poverty, and to support vulnerable communities with health, education and other essential services,
The Adara Group (www.adaragroup.org) is a unique partnership of an international development organisation (Adara Development) and two businesses (Adara Advisors, our private placement business, and Adara Partners, our boutique corporate advisory business)
Adara Development are experts in maternal, newborn and child health services, and remote community development, in some of the world’s remotest locations. In 2022, we touched the lives of more than 200,000 people living in extreme poverty and countless more through our knowledge sharing work.
The sole objective of Adara Partners and Adara Advisors is to fund Adara Development’s administration and emergency project costs. This allows 100% of donations received by Adara Development to go directly to project-related costs.
The Adara Group is a child-safe organisation. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and sign our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
Our offices are located in The Rocks, Sydney and are shared with our international development colleagues who provide direct insight into the critical work of Adara Development.
As long as it is COVID-19 safe, the candidate will be expected to work from our physical office for a minimum of 2 days a week. To support the safety of our teams and their families, and if you are not already vaccinated, candidates will be expected to agree to obtain COVID-19 vaccination and any booster vaccination in accordance with the recommendations and advice of local health authorities and/or the manufacturer of the COVID-19 vaccination.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Please submit a Cover Letter and your CV and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you put ‘Adara Group Senior Associate application’ in the subject line.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or call 02 9395 2800.
Please read the detailed Job Description with Adara’s Cultures and Values found here.
Please note we will commence interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and therefore encourage you to apply early.