What we do
Adara is focussed on improving health and education for women, children and communities living in poverty. We are experts in maternal, newborn and child health; and remote community development. We have well established projects in Nepal and Uganda, where we work hand in hand with communities to support their needs. We reach tens of thousands of people living in poverty each year.
Our work has two pillars – best practice service and knowledge sharing.
- Rescue 136 children from trafficking in Nepal
- Support education and life skills for 26 ex-street children in Uganda
- Support 1,000 babies in the neonatal intensive care unit each year
- Support 20,000 people each year
- Subsidised over 1000 smokeless stoves for homes in Humla
- Support on average 50 children living with HIV through monthly kids clubs